Thursday 11 February 2010

R.I.P

Very rarely is a designer special. Normally, clothes have arms, legs, and neckholes. Alexander McQueen went beyond this simplicity to lead millions of fans and followers, to inspire the entire fashion industry, and to explore clothes with more interest and imagination. His talent comes along every 40 or so years, but, aged 40, he was found dead in his London Apartment on Wednesday the 10th of February.

I am beyond mourning, and I am beyond devastated. I am in complete and utter shock. He was so young, and there was so much left in him.
His death was incredibly unexpected- for such a long time now I have been boring my friends and family with Mcqueen Banter- "How gorgeous is this, oh look this designer copied his last collection slightly, oh wow do you think I should buy this, ah he is so talented"- and the list continues.

He dressed everyone from Madonna to Bjork to Beyonce with his dramatic pieces, and gorgeous tailoring. I will worship him forever.

I even contacted someone who worked for Alexander (known as Lee by close friends and family) and I practically secured a temporary job there when I'm 18. But this is no time to think about myself.
Instead, my heart reaches out to his family and friends, and to Mcqueen himself.
A British talent, beyond everybody else, his creation's are sacred. R.I.P Alexander McQueen♥

No comments: