Tuesday 12 February 2013

How did I get down here?

I have not posted often enough because I have been distracted by a) Temple Run 2 (gah so exciting) and b) business prospects. Oh and by business prospects I mean working £5 an hour as a bartender/ waitress for some sh***y hospitality company that I just want to scream at. I go from doing a Gucci Shoot in the Barbican Garden room to serving tea and coffee in the Barbican Garden room. Wah.
But it's fine, my life will lead somewhere somehow. Like, I've got a lot of cool things going on like photography shoots and blogging jobs but none of them are paid, so I guess I have to make ends meet.
However lets talk about other things. Lets discuss the new Temple Run.

For those of you who don't know what Temple Run is (time to come out from under that rock...), it's an incredible iPhone game in which you jump, slide, swipe to turn and tilt the phone to collect coins, avoid obstacles and ultimately escape the three derranged monkeys that are running after you from the Temple. It's free, which is always good, and I don't want to start a war but I actually prefer it to Angry Birds. In fact, I never really got into Angry Birds.
Anyway, the new Temple Run hits whole new levels of dope. The paths are curved so it's more interesting, there are ropes and trams to slide down rather than just the same path for hours (if you can last that long), and this time you're running from some terrifying lumbering monster which I cannot name. So yeah, give it a try.
I honestly cannot believe that I just used up a blog post writing about Temple Run... welcome to my life.
 
Talking of the Barbican however, one good thing did come out of working that shift. The Rain Room is an exhibition at the Barbican in which a group of art students questioned 'what if we could control the weather'. Almost the entire room is raining but camera sensors detect where you walk and you stay dry. I thought I had missed the exhibition but luckily I spotted the queue as I left work and despite the hour and a half wait, I convinced my friend, Amy, to sit with me. Ultimately we actually became more obsessed with taking photos because the lighting in the room was so good. I mean, it was pretty cool but you had to walk so slowly for it to work! Give it five years and I'm sure the technology will be ready. Anyway the exhibition is open until March, queue closes at approximately 6pm, and you all still have a lot of time to check it out if you're lucky enough to be in London. I'd like to show you some of what we got out of The Rain Room although I'm afraid that we only had my iPhone for photographs. (ps. Amy kept accidentally calling it the red room of rain haha!) (for those that haven't read 'Fifty Shades Of Grey', there is a key feature called the Red Room of Pain). However we also made a small video and then wasted more of our time at home editing it, making it arty, and timing it with some indie music called 'Tim (The Manhole)' by Everything Everything. Maybe let me know what you think. If you're into the music, check out more of Everything Everything; they recently released a new album called 'Arc' and it really is incredible.

I've decided to include some Everything Everything songs to finish this post because they really deserve the attention. Also, they're an upcoming band who I'm pretty sure are going to do well this year and I like to be pretty savvy and know-it-all about my music (I have to apologise for being annoying haha!).


Until next time! London Fashion Week is coming up and for the first time ever I feel like writing about it and staying on top of the shows. I also have a little surprise for you... watch this space!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.