Sunday 17 February 2013

Fringe and Fluff

Now I'm back home, snuggled in my bed and full after indulging in a plate of greasy fish n' chips, it's time to tell you about my exciting day at the ME Hotel for London Fashion Week. I should add here that I managed to get this temporary assistant work because, as you might remember if you follow what I get up to, I worked for Mark a couple of years ago.

To start with, the ME. A five star hotel and 'the place to be' especially during this glamorous, upcoming week, the ME is located just opposite Somerset House on The Shard. The view from the showing room itself was spectacular and from the moment you walk in, you'll notice that everything is smooth, black, marble and pretty classy. 

And what about Mark Fast's AW13 collection? Three models were late- one arriving with only ten minutes 'till the show and thus sending us into ultra-panic mode- but once the guests were settled, Little Dragon (a good choice may I add) started playing through the sound-system and the girls started strutting into the room. You're going to mock me, but, well... the thing is... I kinda forgot my phone downstairs and I didn't actually get any good shots. I knowww, I'm sorrryy I hate myself too! This means that while most of the photos in this post are mine, the ones of the actual show aren't. There is a bonus to this because you can spot me, though blurry, in the background of some of the shots I found on Fashionising.com.

 
A multitude of feathery fringes, sleek silhouettes and hints of skin under beautifully crafted and inspired knits, Mark's trademark style ran through the collection. It's clear however that his designs have progressed, becoming more elegant and mature. To me, Mark understands an interesting balance between baring skin and covering up. He works creatively with fabrics and introduced knitwear on a whole new level into the world of fashion. 

Perhaps my favourite piece of the collection. A little risqué perhaps but truly beautiful in movement. PS. do you see me? Top left corner tehe!
 The collection reminded me a little bit of Ostriches and Flamingos, but it was actually inspired by this really arty film that I've forgotten the name of.... oops.

There were two shows; one at 15:30 one at 16:30. I only watched the first one but as I was handling the queue for the second and directing the guests through to the show, I was lucky enough to meet Pixie Lott. Okay, so by meet I mean that I opened an elevator door for her- haha!- but I didn't stop there. Not long after Pixie came along Delilah. One of my three lesbian crushes (the other two being Shingai Shoniwa and Rihanna), Delilah is quite often my go to playlist and there was no way I could have held my excitement. I've even written about her on here! After the idea that I was indeed standing next to my one true love started to sink in, I thought 'f**k it* and stepped forward to proclaim that love. "Can I just say that I love you". I went there. Delilah seemed pleased though, so I hope she enjoyed the show and I look forward to seeing her again (another gig soon please?). 

 My effort to capture a photo of Delilah.

There was another song played during the show, and though I knew the song and even knew the words I couldn't place the name or the artist, so I will leave you here with the wonderful Little Dragon song called 'Ritual Union' which was the first on Mark's playlist.

No comments: